Saturday, January 30, 2010

London at Dusk

Hey Tubers,

Firstly, a resounding THANK YOU for the incredibly generous outpouring of birthday greetings a few days ago. I was surprised in the lunch room at LAMDA on the 27th by Amanda, Lily, and company with a chocolate cake, candles, and a song (Brian surprised me with a HobNob ice cream sandwich). I cannot tell you how deeply touched I am by them, and all who have wished me well. It has been a pleasant reminder of the seemingly inexhaustible amount of love and support I am surrounded by wherever I go; I feel truly blessed.

"Having said that" (any Curb fans out there!?), hows about a little update, eh?

Now that we have escaped the ruthless clutches of the beast that is jet lag (for the most part) and have developed a somewhat normal living routine here, we've begun to explore the area. As this is my 3rd time here, I haven't been jumping to hit the touristy stuff. I've been enjoying exploring new places and pubs around the area (maybe I'll do something of a pub review sometime...). Here are a few pictures I've taken, mainly from last weekend when Savannah, Brian, Eryn, and I explored the London Bridge area. Although the weather is gloomy, the sights are absolutely stunning.


Off of our street


Our tube stop


Brian
 London Bridge tube stop


The girls on the London Bridge


Brian's monument


Brian is cool


Taken from the Millenium


The Tate Modern


Eryn is cool


Pub by the Globe


Moon through bridge cables


Sweet bridge


National Theatre across the Thames


MI6 lookalike?


In front of the National


Lights


Skateboarder in graffiti city




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have an account with Blogger, make sure you sign your name so we know who you are! Thanks for commenting!